If you have registered to attend the ‘Living Pā – Open Day’ on Thursday, 5th October, please take the time to look over the run sheet, safety gear requirements, and meeting instructions below.
If you haven’t yet registered yourself and your team for this popular FREE event, click here and register now! There are a few spaces left. You won’t want to miss this opportunity to view such a groundbreaking project; the transforming of the Te Herenga Waka Marae at Victoria University of Wellington, into a three-story innovation hub.
Event Run Sheet
Assemble by 3pm in the lecture room for a brief presentation.
- 3:30pm Move to the Living Pā site
- 3:45pm-5pm Site Tour
- 5pm-7pm Refreshments at the Kelburn Pub (10min walk)
Safety Gear Requirements
- Attendees must bring their own chin strap hard hat, high vis and covered shoes.
WHERE TO MEET: KKLT301 (Kirk Building, Lecture Theater, Level 3, Room 01)
DIRECTIONS: The most direct way to get to KKLT301 is to:
- Enter at the Kirk Building entrance at 19-38 Kelburn Parade (see a Google Street View of this entrance);
- Take a lift at that entrance to level 3; and
- KKLT301 is around 10 meters from the lift doors.
If arriving from another entrance, note that:
- East side Kelburn campus buildings, other than Robert Stout, have walkway links to KKLT301.
- KKLT301 is located at the east side of Murphy Overbridge and is on the same building level as that overbridge.
Please note: There is limited public parking around the University.
Site Tour – 90 Devonport Road
Location: 90 Devonport Road, Tauranga
L.T. McGuiness are currently working with Willis Bond and Tauranga City Council to deliver 90 Devonport Road, the largest mass timber office building in New Zealand.
This exciting project will set new standards for sustainability in development and construction in New Zealand, targeting a 100% reduction in embodied carbon and six-star Green Star and five-star NABERS ratings.